Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WOULD YOU SPONSOR MY DRAMA?

I discovered last week that I have to produce a drama for an inter-school competition which is scheduled for 16th of February!
I only have about 10 days to select the actors/actresses, get them to rehearse their lines, get the props and costumes ready.....crazy right?

This is quite normal for school teachers like me. We are all the time required to perform magic.

Back to the drama production.

I did manage to get a script for the drama. I've yet to get the students who are willing to act though.

Last week was pretty hectic at school. For CNY the school is closed till next weekend since more than half of the students are Chinese. That's a loss of five days as far as I'm concerned since I'm not able to start work on the drama.

Getting the costumes and the props is going to be another problem. The school will not be providing any financial assistance. It's usually up to the teacher in charge to be creative and innovative!

Creativity and innovation do not come for free for goodness sake!

Having to be creative and innovative always results in the teachers having to burn a hole in our shallow pockets. We teachers are candles after all....burning ourselves in order to provide light for others?!


I wonder if there's any generous sponsors out there who would sponsor my drama?




No comments: