Tuesday, May 19, 2009

VIRUS H1N1 GETTING TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!

One of the victim who was infected with the much dreaded virus was first taken to Serdang Hospital before taken to Sungai Buloh Hospital. That means he is from around here!

Where exactly does he and his family live? Who did he come in contact with before he was taken to the hospital? Did he frequent any of the shopping complexes around here? Did he dine in any of the eateries around here?

This afternoon when I went to Sri Serdang town I was surprised to find many vacant parking lots. It was 12 pm .... lunch hour! Usually, finding a vacant parking lot at such hour is usually next to impossible. But this afternoon I could choose to park wherever I liked. Very strange indeed! At school, some students even wore masks! A staff at Serdang Hospital was sent to HUKM to deliver her baby. Why didn't she give birth to her baby at the hospital where she works?

In the morning, the senior assistant reminded the students to be wary of the infectious disease. Unfortunately, no such reminder was given to the students in the afternoon session! I took it upon myself to warn my own students.

As a precautionary measure, I don't go out unless necessary. I have been avoiding crowded public places. At the same time I pray that my family and I, as well as all of us will be protected from being infected. There are do'as that we can recite to protect ourselves.

No comments: