Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rugby anyone?

When I was doing my A-levels in Swansea I had the opportunity to go to a rugby game.


My three friends and I got the opportunity to go to the game with our English teacher, Mr. Griffith.

The rugby field is just down the road from our house.  So we walked to the game. 


On the way, we stopped by a pub.  A typical Welshman, dear ol' Mr. Griffith just had to have his glass of beer.

Mr. Griffith had his beer, but my friends and I settled for orange juice instead.  We didn't even enjoy being in the pub.  The smell of beer and cigarette smoke wasn't at all pleasant.  Thankfully, we were in there for only a few minutes.



At the game Mr. Griffith explained to my friends and I the rules and the scores of rugby.

 
It was a memorable day for my friends and I.  Thank you Mr. Griffith for giving us the opportunity to watch a real rugby match. 

No comments: