Saturday, August 30, 2008

CHANGE IN CAREER

I've been a teacher since 1991. Though not a profession of my choice, I have grown to love being a teacher. It never crossed my mind that I would one day even consider to stop being a teacher.

But of late I have been contemplating of doing something else. Not that I don't like teaching anymore, but I feel that I have not been able to function as a teacher effectively.

I've been suffering from plantar fasciitis for a few years. Lately, it seems to be getting worse. I practically hobble when I walk. At times it gets too painful to even stand, let alone walk.

Teaching 5 classes of English Language means having to walk from one class to another. The classes that I teach are on differents floor as well as at different blocks.

Once in class I can't very well sit as I teach. Then, as my students carry out whatever task given to them, I still can't sit and rest my aching feet. I still have to walk around the class and monitor as well as guide my students.

Lately, I've not been able to assist my students much for my aching feet can get quite unbearable. So, I feel that I should consider another profession.

I've been contemplating on getting a job at KPM. I've contacted my ex-teacher who is now a deputy director in one of the department. I hope that the outcome would somewhat be favourable, God willing.

No comments: